About our business:
MCCP is an award-winning boutique research & strategy agency with a clear purpose – to partner with ambitious clients to create sustainable growth. Over the past 13 years, MCCP has built a market leading reputation for developing game-changing strategy with leading Irish and global brands including Heineken Ireland, Pernod Ricard, Permanent TSB, Bord Bia, Camile Thai, Tourism Ireland, Lidl, TUDublin, Enterprise Ireland, Smurfit Kappa and award-winning work with the Department of Health during the pandemic in 2020.
At MCCP we place a huge emphasis on our core values of pride, rigour, challenge and community. We work as a team, with researcher and strategists working side by side. We have a well-honed process to bring research through to insight and to develop strategy with our clients. We take pride in our work and we aim to bring real rigour to our process so that the outcomes are not just inspiring but based on a core truth that is enduring.
MCCP is an excellent learning environment where people with a growth-oriented mindset thrive.
We have a new additional role opening up:
Brand and Insight Strategist
- In MCCP you will work as part of an experienced team in the end-to-end design and delivery of research that informs strategy development.
- Your primary responsibility will be to lead, project manage consumer insight and brand strategy projects.
- There is an expectation that you will be able to use strategic thinking and apply processes to bring clear insights, including qualitative research to inform evidence led strategic recommendations.
- The variety of projects types requires the ability to think critically, assess and adapt to clients’ changing needs and apply fresh thinking to help meet project goals with clients.
- Working closely with clients you will be required to have excellent relationship management and listening skills to build trusted and long-term partnerships.
- You will be required to have strong project management skills to manage project requirements, timelines, and team roles in the delivery of excellent project deliverables.
- A key part of this role will also be to conduct analysis of clients’ data to understand their current situation and develop hypotheses to test and validate during research.
Technical skills and experience
- Must have at least 5 years’ commercial experience developing strategies based on evidence include conducting qualitative research and insight development, in a commercial environment with a strategic application and experience.
- Have insight development capacity in the area of brands, strategy, consumer
- Have knowledge and expertise in design thinking and creative research techniques to assess insight
- Have middle management experience
- Have brand strategy development experience
- Have strong client and project management experience
- Have very strong qualitative moderation skills in a commercial environment
- Have very strong qualitative analysis and report writing skills
- Be able to interpret quantitative data to create clarity
- Have very strong communication and senior engagement skills
- Have strong strategic relationship building skills
- Be a strategic thinker; have both strong attention to detail but also to see the bigger picture and bring clarity
- Have experience in workshop design and facilitation
- Have experience in designing propositions and brand positioning
- Have experience using strategic frameworks, specifically proposition and brand development frameworks
- Be able to project manage long and short-term projects which include research and strategy phases
- Have experience in proposal and tender writing
- Have very strong presentation, delivery and negotiation skills
- The applicant must be based in Dublin, Ireland
Personality and fit
- Enjoy working in a small tight knit team
- Enjoy working independently and being self-directed in your work
- Enjoy challenge and critical thinking
- Bring an open-minded growth mindset
- Enjoy being involved in many aspects of working in a small boutique business including business development, internal content and PR creation and cost management
- Open to representing MCCP at speaking events etc. and creating content for events
- Genuine interest in brands, trends, culture and society and ability to apply this interest to your work
To express interest in the role write to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or phone 01-635-0030